The Franz Schreker Foundation aims to deepen the understanding of Franz Schreker's oeuvre and values its musical and aesthetic qualities.
The Foundation addresses the following tasks:
- to administer the estate of the composer Franz Schreker
- to publish scientifically founded editions of his works
- to promote and guide performances
- to encourage sound recordings
- to advance academic research of Schreker's life, works and surroundings through the organization and funding of symposia, lectures and publications
The Franz Schreker Foundation was founded in 1986 by Christopher Hailey at the request of Haidy Schreker-Bures, daughter of the composer. Activities are financed from Franz Schreker's inheritance and from royalties.